Occupation: Career Counselor @ SOTA & SAMI
Employer: Tacoma Public Schools
1. Where do you live and where do you work?
Live on Broadway and work in the Post Office building, only five blocks away!
2. When did you move downtown?
3. What’s in it for you?
So many great restaurants, happy hours, shops, coffee, live theatre, the Y, comedy, great people, and the Grand Cinema, all an easy walk away.
4. How do you usually get to work? How far is it?
I walk – only five blocks!
5. How does it all add up? Do you save time or money?
I save both by walking, so I have more time and money to spend on all the great things in those five blocks!
6. What’s the best part of living downtown?
Easy access to so many wonderful events like First Night right outside my door! I also cross paths will people I know everywhere. Always something fun things happening downtown, and things are so close that you can do many on the same day!
7. What suggestions do you have for someone who may be thinking of moving downtown?
Be aware that there is likely to be continuous change in your neighborhood, that may include construction, detours and delays. It’s a trade-off for all of the benefits of urban living.