Looking for just the right holiday gift for your commuter? Look no further, Downtown On the Go has 10 great gift ideas for many different commutes that will help you Shift Your Shopping and Go Local.
1. Walking Shoes – Visit South Sound Running to pick up a new pair of walking shoes.
2. MP3 Player / Accessories – Enjoy your favorite tunes on your commute to work and release the stresses of the day with music. Visit the University Book Store for MP3 Player accessories.
3. Walk Tacoma T-Shirt – Show some Tacoma pride and purchase a Walk Tacoma T-Shirt for $10 at Downtown On the Go.
4. Waterproof Panniers – Find the right bike gear to help you enjoy your commute in any type of weather. Visit Tacoma Bike or Defiance Bike to find the latest bike gear, clothing, and accessories.
5. Bike Glow Safety Light – First rule of bike safety is to be seen. Bike Glow is an easy, fun and affordable way to light your bike.
6. Nutcase Bicycle Bell – Looking for a fun, new addition to your bike? Check out all the different bicycle bells and helmets at www.nutcasehelmets.com.
7. Orca Pass – Functioning much like a debit card, ORCA can be a monthly pass, a money purse, or both. The cost is $5, and it can be purchased and loaded at www.orcacard.com, and can be used on Pierce Transit, Sound Transit, King County Metro Transit, Community Transit, Everett Transit, Kitsap Transit, and Washington State Ferries.
8. Kindle – Sit back and relax during your commute while reading your favorite book on your new Kindle found locally at King’s Books.
8. Sounder tickets – Take a ride on the Sounder to your next Sunday Mariners or Sounders Game and don’t worry about the drive or the parking.
10. Can’t find it here? Check out Momentum Mag’s Holiday Gift Guide for quirky, fun gifts for the bicycle commuter on your list!
Stop by DOTG (950 Pacific Ave. Ste 300) to pick up your free stocking stuffers – “I Bus Tacoma” buttons and “I Bike Tacoma” stickers.