COVID-19 UPDATE – This program was funded through a contract with The City of Tacoma. However, due to the financial impacts on the city caused by COVID-19, funding is no longer available and this program is placed on hold indefinitely.
NEW and IMPROVED! Live Close to Work program benefits are available to employees of participating businesses. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
The Live Close to Work program helps Tacoma employees live near their workplace. Live Close to Work has a package of incentives for those interested in owning or renting, as long as it’s within 1-3 miles of their participating Tacoma employer.
What’s the benefit?
This program saves on parking costs and increases employee recruitment and retention by encouraging employees to enjoy a commitment to Tacoma and your business!
Live Close to Work is an opportunity to boost your employee benefits package, improve the neighborhood around your business, lessen the ecological impacts of employee commutes, increase productivity, and save your employees money on housing and transportation.
Download the Live Close to Work Flyer or contact us for more information.
“The Broadway Center is committed to the renaissance of Downtown Tacoma. We’re thrilled with how easy and cost-free it’s been to participate in the Live Downtown Program. Our staff can now realize the dream of home ownership while living close to the Theater District.” -David Fischer, Executive Director, Broadway Center for the Performing Arts
>>See just some of the benefits your employees can receive on the Benefits Map.<<
What’s the commitment?
- Learn about the program – The Program Manager meets with your leadership for a 30-minute presentation, details, and questions. When an employee moves within 1-3 miles of your business, they receive a financial incentive and benefits bag.
- Sign the Live Close to Work agreement – the agreement states the employer is willing to participate in the program and contribute to the Live Close to Work Fund for employee incentives and employee incentive matching, and promote the program in their workplace.
- Contribute a flat yearly rate, based on the number of employees – The employer decides if they want the program to apply to all employees, part-time, full-time, or benefit eligible employees.
When your business decides to offer this program as an employee benefit, we will draw a one, two, and three mile radius around your business.
- When an employee moves within 3 miles of your business, they will receive $500
- When an employee moves within 2 miles of your business, they will receive $1,000
- When an employee moves within 1 miles of your business, they will receive $2,000
Additional benefit for the employer —
We’ve partnered with The Yes Works team to provide a discounted rate for participating businesses! Book an appointment time to receive more details.
Thank you to our program sponsors:
- Anders Ibsen at Windermere Real Estate
- Julie Swenson at Absolute Mortgage
- Jennica Holmquist at Washington Lifestyle Homes
- Joshua Hardwick, Loan Officer (NMLS 1484409), Best Way Lending Mortgage Home Loans (NMLS 68942)
How can you learn more?
It’s easy! Email email@example.com for more details and we’ll set up a quick meeting with you to discuss the program, your goals, and next steps. We make it easy to roll the program out to your employees to get as many as possible to live close to work!