Free 1 – 2 mile walks led by local experts. Due to COVID-19, the Walk Tacoma 2020 & 2021 series are available virtually on the free GeoTourist app.
Visit this page to get information on the 2021 Walk Tacoma Series, and revisit the 2020 Walk Tacoma series here.
Thanks to our series partner, Greentrike, we’re pleased to offer free virtual, family-friendly activities to engage young participants in the 2021 Walk Tacoma Series:
What are Walking Wednesdays?
Walking Wednesdays promote walking for transportation, health, and community well-being. They can be whatever you want them to be!
Who can participate?
Businesses, organizations, schools, clubs, individuals
What do I do?
The possibilities are endless! Here are a few ideas. Whatever you do, feel free to download and use the Walking Wednesday logo and connect via social media (#walkingwednesday).
- Promote and attend a Downtown On the Go Walk Tacoma event (1st Wednesday of the month April – Sept)
- Host a walk at work at lunchtime
- Hold a walking meeting on Wednesday
- Identify a meeting point for a group walk to (or from) work
- Provide an incentive for walking to work
- Add a walking article to your employee newsletter or bulletin board
We thought it had a nice ring! And we know we’re not the first to use it but we’re hoping you’ll help us spread the word and expand the effort.
- You’ll be part of a larger movement that helps our community become healthier and more walkable
- Your event will be posted on the Transportation Choices Coalition Calendar
- Your event will be publicized by DOTG and TCC via Twitter and Facebook