Friday Forum: Breaking the Urban Bubble
March 26 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Racism in Transportation Policy
Breaking the Urban Bubble: Race & Transportation Policy in Pierce County and Tacoma
Friday, March 26, 2021
Noon – 1 p.m. (online)
Register here! After registering, you will receive an email with more information.
How do infrastructure ideas become reality? How do problems like faulty sidewalks and inadequate bus stops get fixed? Policy in Tacoma is a web of stakeholders and decision makers, often spanning into Pierce County. Follow along as we track issues from concept to implementation and learn how to have concerns addressed.
- Andrew Austin, Government and Community Relations Manager, Sound Transit
- Keith Blocker, City of Tacoma Deputy Mayor
- Laura Svancarek, CTR & Advocacy Coordinator, Downtown On the Go
- Derek Young, Pierce County Councilmember
- Tanisha Jumper, City of Tacoma (moderator)
Friday Forums bring together local leaders, experts, and the community to talk about transportation issues facing Tacoma and our region.
Sponsored by GeoEngineers.
Thank you to our media sponsor, Channel 253!