Downtown On the Go is your transportation advocate in downtown Tacoma.
We at Downtown On the Go recognize the inequity and violence that has shaped our society and acknowledge the ongoing effects of those histories. Urban renewal displaced and assaulted many people of color and transit investments have proven to have similar impacts. As we advocate for a more walkable, bikeable, and transit-accessible Tacoma, we will also work to dismantle barriers to engagement and work to undo planning practices that limit access and inclusion. Equity and reciprocity are critical to livable communities and we are dedicated to doing the work while we continue to learn. At Downtown On the Go we have been complicit in the perpetrations of these injustices and are listening and learning to do better.
There are many different ways to create change in Tacoma. From City Council to Neighborhood Council meetings and all the commissions and boards between – it is a puzzle.
We want to help you learn about the who, what, where, and when of making an impact on your city. Email Info@downtownonthego.org to make a plan to improve safety or livability in your neighborhood!
Stay tuned for more information about How to Speak Up Events in 2020.
- Downtown On the Go Advocacy Philosophies & Priorities
- City Council Map & Contact Info
- Flowchart – explaining how, where, and when to speak up!
- Action One-Pagers
- Informational One-Pagers
Join the conversation
- Come to our Friday Forums quarterly conversations on transportation topics.
- Check our downtown projects page for information about improvements and projects at different stages of design, planning and construction.
- To stay up-to date on advocacy opportunities and events, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Share Your Thoughts with
- Tacoma City Council: Community Forum is held on second Tuesday of each month.
- Pierce County Council: Meets every Tuesday.
- Pierce Transit Board of Commissioners: Meets on second Monday of each month.
- Sound Transit Board of Directors: Meets on fourth Thursday of each month.
Other Transportation Advocates
- Washington State