Racism in Transportation Policy
Breaking the Urban Bubble: Race & Transportation Policy in Pierce County and Tacoma
Friday, March 26, 2021
Noon – 1 p.m. (online)
How do infrastructure ideas become reality? How do problems like faulty sidewalks and inadequate bus stops get fixed? Policy in Tacoma is a web of stakeholders and decision makers, often spanning into Pierce County. Follow along as we track issues from concept to implementation and learn how to have concerns addressed.
- Andrew Austin, Government and Community Relations Manager, Sound Transit
- Deputy Mayor Keith Blocker, City of Tacoma
- Laura Svancarek, CTR & Advocacy Coordinator, Downtown On the Go
- Councilmember Derek Young, Pierce County
- Tanisha Jumper, City of Tacoma (moderator)
Friday Forums bring together local leaders, experts, and the community to talk about transportation issues facing Tacoma and our region.
You can view the Forum recording on TV Tacoma at the following broadcast schedule:
Fri. 3/26 – 4:30pm
Sat. 3/27 – Midnight, 9:30am, 4pm
Sun. 3/28 – Noon, 7pm
Mon. 3/29 – 1am, 1pm
Tue. 3/30 – 9am, 9pm
Wed. 3/31 – 2am, 4:30pm, 10:30pm
Thurs. 4/1 – 5am, 4:30pm
Fri. 4/2 – 4:30pm
Thank you to GeoEngineers for sponsoring this event!