Join us September 21-27 for events to extend your bike commuting into autumn!
Embrace the Hill
We know that getting home from work usually means biking up the hill. We encourage you to “Embrace the Hill” by trying different routes out of downtown with a group “Bike Train” home from work. Meet at 11th & Pacific at 5:30pm (water and water bottles provided).
- Monday: Embrace Stadium Way Hill
- Tuesday: Embrace McKinley Hill and Jefferson/Delin Street Hill (your choice)
- Wednesday: Embrace St. Helen’s/Baker Street Hill
- Thursday: Ride with Council (starts at 6 p.m. following the UWT ribbon-cutting for the Prairie Line Trail)
- Friday: Embrace Your Own Hill (Choose your own adventure and we’ll meet at the top at People’s Park!)
Ride with City Council
Thursday, Sept. 25, 6pm. Meet at the UWT central stairs (1900 Commerce) for the grand opening of the Prairie Line Trail (ribbon-cutting event starts at 5pm). The route will follow the PLT, “Embrace the Hill” on Jefferson/Delin, and circle around Downtown to end at UWT. Stay afterwards for a transportation forum with local panelists at UWT starting at 7pm.
Thought about cycling to work but don’t know where to start? We’ll connect you with your volunteer Bike Buddy who will help you find a route and talk through your questions. They’ll ride with you twice – once to practice and once during your commute.
Track Your Trips
Log your bike commute on the NEW trip calendar at PierceTrips.com during the week to be entered to win gift certificates from local restaurants! Downtown employees who log just one trip to receive a DOTG travel coffee mug.